Gingerbread man cookie baking kits from Ginger's Breadboys are sustainably packaged in a rectangular tin measuring 10⅝" x 7⅞" x 3" and are shipped in a plain cardboard box so as not to give away the gift inside!
The kit is inclusive for all the items and dry ingredients necessary to bake 3+ dozen 5-inch gingerbread boy cookies from scratch. Weight is approximately 3.25 lbs.
The kit is $39.95 plus shipping and makes over 3 dozen 5-inch gingerbread man cookies. That's about $1 a cookie.
- gingerbread recipe cookie mix (regular or gluten-free)*
- 5-inch US custom-made gingerbread boy cookie cutter
- Ferrara Candy Company cinnamon imperials*
- 2 12-inch pastry bags* with 2 couplers (base and ring)
- 4 decorating tube tips
- #14 standard (smile, mittens and boots)
- #42 double-line (suspenders)
- #48 basket weave (belt)
- #30 closed 8-pointed star (suspender buttons)
- Chefmaster Liqua-gel® Food Coloring Leaf Green*
- pastry brush
- 4 sheets parchment paper*
- recipe and instruction card**
- refrigerator magnet
* These items available for re-order in our "Make Another Batch" kit.
** Video slideshows available online for guidance.
Prep time estimates:
- Dough: ⁓25 minutes. Chill time: 3 hours or overnight.
- Royal Icing: ⁓25 minutes.
- Bake time: 8–9 minutes per pan. Kit makes 3+ dozen cookies.
- Decorating: ⁓35 minutes.
Makes 3+ dozen gingerbread boy cookies from scratch!
A great family activity for
non-bakers and bakers alike.
Start your own tradition.
Kitchenware you will need:
- stand or hand mixer with paddle attachment or beaters
- dough hook and wire whip mixer attachments (optional)
- jelly roll pan or baking sheet (13” x 18”)
- rolling pin
- marble pastry board (optional)
- wax paper
- metal spatula
- gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- plastic wrap
- tall drinking glass
- storage container with lid
Foodstuff you will need:
- shortening or salted butter*
- granulated sugar
- unsulphured molasses (preferably Grandma’s® Original Molasses)
- 1 egg
- apple cider vinegar
- pasteurized egg whites
- lemon juice (preferably Italian Volcano® Lemon Juice)
- powdered sugar
- flour (for dusting)
* If using butter, adjust recipe for liquid ingredients.
Read more about butter or shortening on the Ginger's Breadboys Blog.