Gingerbread cookie kits from Ginger's Breadboys. Make, bake and decorate over 3 dozen 5-inch gingerbread boy cookies. Sustainably packaged in a rectangular tin measuring 10⅝" x 7⅞" x 3" and shipped in a plain cardboard box so as not to give away the gift inside!
The kit is inclusive for all the items and dry ingredients necessary to bake delicious gingerbread recipe cookies from scratch. Weight is approximately 3.25 lbs.
The kit is $39.95 plus shipping and makes over 3 dozen 5-inch gingerbread man cookies. That's about $1 a cookie.
- gingerbread recipe cookie mix (regular or gluten-free)*
- 5-inch US custom-made gingerbread boy cookie cutter
- Ferrara Candy Company cinnamon imperials*
- 2 12-inch pastry bags* with 2 couplers (base and ring)
- 4 decorating tube tips
- #14 standard (smile, mittens and boots)
- #42 double-line (suspenders)
- #48 basket weave (belt)
- #30 closed 8-pointed star (suspender buttons)
- Chefmaster Liqua-gel® Food Coloring Leaf Green*
- pastry brush
- 4 sheets parchment paper*
- recipe and instruction card**
- refrigerator magnet
* These items available for re-order in our "Make Another Batch" kit.
** Video slideshows available online for guidance.
Prep time estimates:
- Dough: ⁓25 minutes. Chill time: 3 hours or overnight.
- Royal Icing: ⁓25 minutes.
- Bake time: 8–9 minutes per pan. Kit makes 3+ dozen cookies.
- Decorating: ⁓35 minutes.
Makes 3+ dozen gingerbread boy cookies from scratch!
A great family activity for
non-bakers and bakers alike.
Start your own tradition.
Kitchenware you will need:
- stand or hand mixer with paddle attachment or beaters
- dough hook and wire whip mixer attachments (optional)
- jelly roll pan or baking sheet (13” x 18”)
- rolling pin
- marble pastry board (optional)
- wax paper
- metal spatula
- gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- plastic wrap
- tall drinking glass
- storage container with lid
Foodstuff you will need:
- shortening or salted butter*
- granulated sugar
- unsulphured molasses (preferably Grandma’s® Original Molasses)
- 1 egg
- apple cider vinegar
- pasteurized egg whites
- lemon juice (preferably Italian Volcano® Lemon Juice)
- powdered sugar
- flour (for dusting)
* If using butter, adjust recipe for liquid ingredients.
Read more about butter or shortening on the Ginger's Breadboys Blog.