Where can I buy a kit to make gingerbread cookies?
When the holiday season starts, have you ever thought, “I want to make gingerbread boy cookies for Christmas.” And then thought where do I even start, “How do I make gingerbread boy cookies?” You need (want) someone to show you how to make and decorate gingerbread cookies. Better yet, you need DIY gingerbread cookie instructions. And it would be great if it were all in one place. Finally, you come to the conclusion that you want a DIY gingerbread cookie kit. And here we are, Ginger’s Breadboys makes a great gingerbread cookie kit for baking and decorating gingerbread boy cookies!
Gingerbread cookie kits from Ginger's Breadboys. Make, bake and decorate over 3 dozen 5-inch gingerbread boy cookies. Sustainably packaged in a rectangular tin measuring 10⅝" x 7⅞" x 3" and shipped in a plain cardboard box so as not to give away the gift inside!Our gingerbread cookie kit is inclusive for all the items and dry ingredients necessary to bake delicious gingerbread recipe cookies from scratch. Weight is approximately 3.25 lbs.
What's so special about the Ginger's Breadboys cookie? Our gingerbread recipe makes a very forgiving dough that is easy to work with. Most importantly though, the taste is awesome!
In 2021 we offered a gluten-free version of our gingerbread recipe cookie mix.
In 2022 we are offering a gingerbread house kit.
Sign up to receive emails and notices or like/follow us on Facebook.
Read more about our gingerbread cookie kit on the Ginger's Breadboys Blog.
- gingerbread recipe cookie mix (regular or gluten-free)*
- 5-inch US custom-made gingerbread boy cookie cutter
- Ferrara Candy Company cinnamon imperials*
- 2 12-inch pastry bags* with 2 couplers (base and ring)
- 4 decorating tube tips
- #14 standard (smile, mittens and boots)
- #42 double-line (suspenders)
- #48 basket weave (belt)
- #30 closed 8-pointed star (suspender buttons)
- Chefmaster Liqua-gel® Food Coloring Leaf Green*
- pastry brush
- 4 sheets parchment paper*
- recipe and instruction card**
- refrigerator magnet
* These items available for re-order in our "Make Another Batch" kit.
** Video slideshows available online for guidance.
Prep time estimates:
- Dough: ⁓25 minutes. Chill time: 3 hours or overnight.
- Royal Icing: ⁓25 minutes.
- Bake time: 8–9 minutes per pan. Kit makes 3+ dozen cookies.
- Decorating: ⁓35 minutes.
Makes 3+ dozen gingerbread boy cookies from scratch!
A great family activity for
non-bakers and bakers alike.
Start your own tradition.
Kitchenware you will need:
- stand or hand mixer with paddle attachment or beaters
- dough hook and wire whip mixer attachments (optional)
- jelly roll pan or baking sheet (13” x 18”)
- rolling pin
- marble pastry board (optional)
- wax paper
- metal spatula
- gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- plastic wrap
- tall drinking glass
- storage container with lid
Foodstuff you will need:
- shortening or salted butter*
- granulated sugar
- unsulphured molasses (preferably Grandma’s® Original Molasses)
- 1 egg
- apple cider vinegar
- pasteurized egg whites
- lemon juice (preferably Italian Volcano® Lemon Juice)
- powdered sugar
- flour (for dusting)
* If using butter, adjust recipe for liquid ingredients.
Read more about butter or shortening on the Ginger's Breadboys Blog.